About the Delhi Ladli Scheme
The Delhi Ladli Scheme is a welfare scheme launched in 2008 by the Department of Women & Children Development, Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi. It aims to empower girl children born in Delhi by providing financial assistance at various stages for their education and overall development. The scheme promotes birth registration of girl children, controls female foeticide, improves the sex ratio, promotes education among girls, reduces the school drop-out rate of girl students, and provides security for their higher education. Financial assistance is provided at seven stages to a maximum of two surviving girls per family with an annual income not exceeding ₹1,00,000.
objectives of this scheme
- enhancing the social status of the girl child in society as well in the family
- ensuring proper education to make the girls self-reliant
- ensuring their economic security, and protecting them from discrimination and deprivation
Full Overview Of Delhi Ladli Scheme
|Name of Scheme||Delhi Ladli Scheme|
|Announcement||Govt Of NCT. Delhi|
|Implementation||January 1, 2008|
|Objectives||Empowerment of girl child socially and economically|
|Benefits||Financial assistance in the form of term deposits: – ₹ 11,000/- if born in a hospital or ₹ 10,000/- if delivered at home at the time of registration – ₹ 5,000/- each in further five milestones i.e., Class 1st, 6th, 9th, 11th, 12th.|
|Application Process||Offline through the respective District Women and Child Development Officer, WCD Govt. of Delhi, or from Govt. Recognized Schools|
- The applicant must be a bonafide resident of the NCT of Delhi for at least three years preceding the date of birth.
- Annual income of the parents of the girl child should not exceed Rs 1,00,000/-.
- The child must have been born in Delhi as shown by the birth certificate issued by the Registrar (Births & Deaths).
- Financial assistance under this scheme is restricted up to two girl children only in a family.
Under the Delhi Ladli Scheme, financial assistance is provided in the form of term deposits sanctioned at the following stages:
|Stage of Financial Assistance||Amount (in ₹)|
|Delivery at Home||10,000/-|
|Admission in Class 1st||5,000/-|
|Admission in Class 6th||5,000/-|
|Admission in Class 9th||5,000/-|
|Passing Class 10th||5,000/-|
|Admission in Class 12th||5,000/-|
To apply for the Delhi Ladli Scheme, the following documents are required:
- Proof of residence in Delhi for the past three years before registration.
- An income certificate or affidavit that shows the annual income of the family.
- The birth certificate of the girl child issued by the Registrar of MCD/NDMC.
- A group photo of the parents with the girl child.
- A caste certificate in case of SC/ST/OBC.
- Copies of the Aadhar cards of the parents and the child, if available.
how to apply
To apply for the Delhi Ladli Scheme, follow the below-given steps:
- obtain the application form from the District Women and Child Development Officer or from Government Recognized Schools. You can also download the application form in PDF format from the official website.
- Fill in the required details in the application form.
- Attach the required documents with the application form.
- The forms need to be submitted to the concerned District Office within 90 days of admission of the girl child in school, or within a year of birth in case of newborn girls.
Check Your Application status
Steps to Check Your Application Status under Delhi Ladli Yojana:
- visit the official website of the Department of Women and Child Development. Whose link we have provided below for your convenience
- Look for the option “Check the Status of Application under Ladli Scheme” on the homepage and click on it.
- Enter your policy number, group member ID, member DOB, and captcha code on the page that appears.
- Click on the submit button.
- The status of your application will be displayed on your computer screen.
Maturity Claim Procedure
Under the Delhi Ladli Scheme, the government makes periodic payments in the name of the girl child, which are kept as fixed deposits in her name. These deposits can be redeemed along with the accrued interest when the child reaches 18 years of age and has passed the Xth/XIIth class as a regular student.
To claim the maturity amount, girls registered under the scheme need to meet the following criteria:
- They should have passed 10th standard and be 18 years old or have passed 12th standard.
- They need to file a maturity claim to the respective District Women and Child Development Officer, WCD, Govt. of Delhi, or the bank where the fixed deposit is held.
- The claim form needs to be accompanied by necessary documents such as the Ladli account passbook, identity proof, and proof of education.
Once the claim is processed, the maturity amount along with the accrued interest will be paid to the girl child.
The State Bank of India (SBI) and SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd have been entrusted with the management of the financial arrangements of the scheme. The amount sanctioned in the name of the girl child is deposited with SBI Life Insurance Co. Ltd. (SBIL) and managed till the girl attains the age of 18 years and passes Class-X or takes admission in Class-XII.
Students need to submit an application along with the acknowledgement letter received from SBIL, residential address, mark sheet of 10th or 12th (whichever is applicable), copy of the Bank Passbook showing the account number, and mobile/landline number. Beneficiary girls need to open a ZERO BALANCE SAVING ACCOUNT with the State Bank of India by showing the acknowledgement letter received from the bank.
Registration at Schools:
Girls need to get registered at schools within 90 days of admission by submitting the prescribed application form.
Renewal Process at Schools:
The renewal process needs to be done at schools every year by submitting a renewal form.
The girl children or the parents may contact at the Toll Free Number of State Bank of India or the respective District Office of the Dept. of WCD, Delhi Govt. for any clarifications.
- SBIL Toll Free Number:- 1800229090
- Delhi Ladli Scheme 2008:- Contact Number 011-23832588.
- Delhi Ladli Scheme – Application Form Oct 2015