About Deendayal Upadhyaya Matri Pitri Teerthatan Yojana
India is a religious country and therefore pilgrimage is very important for the senior citizens of India but so many poor senior citizens of India are unable to go on pilgrimage due to a lack of funds, so considering those people, some states of India have launched new schemes for pilgrimage to the elderly citizens of their states at a very low cost/completely free of cost. Similarly, the state government of Uttarakhand has come up with the idea of providing free pilgrimage trips to all the senior citizens of Uttarakhand who do not have the necessary funds to go on a pilgrimage trip, therefore, the Uttarakhand government has started this Uttarakhand pilgrimage scheme and for this scheme.
- To help the poor old citizens of the state for free pilgrimage, who are unable to go on religious pilgrimage due to the difficulties of their economic condition,
- Fulfilling the dreams of senior citizens to go on pilgrimage
Full Overview Of Deendayal Upadhyaya Matri Pitri Teerthatan Yojana
|Scheme Name||Deendayal Upadhyaya Matri Pitri Teerthatan Yojana|
|Introduced By||Government Of Uttarakhand|
|Objectives||To Provide Free/Discount Pilgrimage Travel To The Senior Citizens Of The State|
|Benefits||Free/Discount Pilgrimage Travel Package|
|Beneficiary||Poor Senior Citizen Uttarakhand|
|Application Starts||Already Started|
- The applicant must be a senior permanent resident of Uttarakhand.
- Applicants must be over the age of 60 to avail of the benefits of this scheme
- To avail of the benefits of this scheme, the annual income of a senior citizen should be less than Rs 3 lakh
- The applicant may choose to have an attendant with him/her but must be 21 years of age and above
- Government officials and employees will not get the benefit of this project.
- If it is found that any applicant/spouse has used the Chief Minister’s Pilgrimage Scheme in the past, he/she is liable to pay the full amount spent for the journey including a 25% penalty.
- In case of traveling with wife over 60 years of age, only one attendant will be available.
- If the applicant is not able to make the pilgrimage for any reason, he/she should be informed 07 days before the date of travel. Otherwise, he will not be eligible to re-apply under this scheme
- Passengers will not be allowed to take or use any combustible substance or alcohol or any intoxicants
- Passengers will be solely responsible for their jewelry and belongings during the journey.
- Passengers are expected to behave politely as per the requirements of the pilgrimage.
- Passengers must follow the instructions of the Liaison Officer.
- The Government or the Pilgrimage Development Association will not be responsible for any accidents or mistakes during the journey.
- Under this scheme, all the benefited senior citizens of the state of Uttarakhand will be provided a free pilgrimage facility.
- All the senior citizens in the old age home will get priority to avail of this scheme’s benefits
Places covered under Deendayal Upadhyaya Matri Pitri Teerthatan
3. Reetha-Meetha Sahib
5. Piran Kaliyar
6. Jageshwar Dham
11. The Yatra to Tadkeshwar Siddhapeeth has also been included in the plan.
- Residential Certificate
- Aadhaar card (senior citizen and assistant pilgrim)
- Voter Card
- Age certificate which proves that the person is more than 60 years of age (An assistant pilgrim aged 18 or over can go with the senior citizen.)
- Income Certificate
- Bank Passbook
- Valid Mobile No
- passport size photo
How to apply
we don’t know about the exact application process of this scheme but you can contact to the tourist department or your nearest any government department to know more about the scheme
In order to get the benefit of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Matru Pitra Tirthatan Yojana and to become eligible, the applicant will have to get himself registered in the DM office of the district.