About Deendayal Upadhyaya Gramin Kaushalya Yojana
Deendayal Upadhyay Grameen Kaushal Yojana is a scheme initiated by the Govt Of India and ran the Skills Development, Entrepreneurship and Livelihoods Department of India. The project was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in December 2014. through which the Government of India will arranged to provide skill development training on various Subjects to increase employment opportunities to young unemployed youth of India, especially in rural areas youths and Based on their training achivement and Skill Performance, the Govt will also provide them Various Employment Opportunities to them
The project is designed as a of the Prime Minister’s “Make in India” campaign
As per the report of the Government of India, the scheme will benefit 5.5 crore rural youth
The objective of this scheme
The main objective of this project is to empower the youth from rural areas and provide them with regular, monthly-wage jobs
- To provide employment to rural unemployed youth
- Reducing the unemployment rate in India
- Identifying unemployed and poorly educated youth in rural areas
- Providing skills development training to the rural youths
- Strengthening the rural economy
- Fulfilling the aspirations of rural youth with a career.
Full Overview Of Deendayal Upadhyaya Gramin Kaushalya Yojana(DDU-GKY)
|Name Of Scheme||Deendayal Upadhyaya Gramin Kaushalya Yojana|
|Launched By||Govt Of India|
|Coverage Area||All over India|
|Objectives||To provide employment to rural unemployed youth|
|Incentives||Providing skills development training to the rural youths|
|Beneficiaries||the young unemployed youth of India, especially in rural areas youths|
|Application Starts||Already Started|
Some Important Information About This scheme
- about 11,05,161 youths have been trained across the country under the Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay scheme.
- Of these, a total of 6 lakh 42 thousand 358 youths have been employed.
- Training activities under DDU-GKY started on 18th December 2020. Batch of Takshila, Dhaula has started.
- More than skill development of 200 jobs will be trained in this project.
- Under this project, Deendayal Upadhyay Grameen Kaushalya Yojana, all necessary materials related to training, computer, uniform etc. will be provided free of cost.
- The government will also make arrangements for accommodation during the training.
- Employment-oriented training will be given so that it will be easier to get a job. Not only this, employment opportunities will also be created after the training.
- In addition to training, you will be taught to speak English and operate computers, tablets, etc.
- At the end of the training, a certificate will be given so that those young men and women can apply for jobs in various other companies through that certificate.
- These training camps will be started in different parts of the country so that a maximum number of people can benefit.
- This DDU-GKY for Jammu and Kashmir has been started under the name “Himayat”.
- Similarly, in some districts, it is also being operated under the name “Roshni”.
DDU-GKY focuses specifically on rural youth between the ages of 15 and 35 from poor families, through which their various skills can be identified by providing them with proper skill development training.
The Following families youths can apply for this Scheme
- MGNREGA working family (Families, which completed a minimum of 15 days of work in the previous year)
- Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) Families
- Families holding Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) card or BPL or PDS card
- Self-Help Groups (SHG) Families
- NRLM- Families of Self-Help Groups
- Special projects for special groups such as trafficking victims, manual scavengers, trans-genders, rehabilitated banded labor and other vulnerable groups.
Skills and placement under DDU-GKY
- Raising awareness in the community about opportunities
- Identify poor rural youth
- To bring together the interested rural youth
- Providing knowledge, industry-linked skills, and attitudes that increase employment
- Provide jobs that can be verified through a system that can stand up to independent verification, and that pays a minimum wage
- Supporting the person employed for sustainability after placement
There are a lot of benefits to this scheme
The project will provide more than 200 job skills training to young unemployed youth in rural parts of the country, and at the end of the training process, those unemployed rural youth will be given jobs according to their skills.
At the end of the training, they will be given a training completion certificate which will be valid all over India
Employment will also reduce the crime rate among the youth due to unemployment
The program is currently being implemented in 27 States and 3 Union Territories and has over 2198 training centres in 1822 projects, conducting training in 56 sectors in partnership with 839 project implementing agencies and more than 600 job roles.
Skilling and placement under DDU-GKY involve eight distinct steps:
- Awareness building within the community on the opportunities
- Identifying rural youth who are poor
- Mobilizing rural youth who are interested
- Counseling of youth and parents
- Selection based on aptitude vi. Imparting knowledge, industry-linked skills, and attitudes that enhance employability
- Providing jobs that can be verified through methods that can stand up
Applicants have to provide the following documents while applying for this Scheme
- Residential Certificate
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- Aadhaar card
- Driving License
- Age certificate
- One of the following:
- BPL Card
- MNREGA Card
- NRLM – SHG Identification Card
- BPL / PDS Card or Antyoday Anna Yojana Card
- Voter Id
- Certificate of Income
- Passport-size Photos & Other documents (in any case)
How to Apply
To apply in this scheme you have only the process to apply online, which we have described below
- To apply for this project, first, you need to visit the official website of Deendayal Upadhyay Grameen Kaushalya Yojana, the link of which we have mentioned below for your convenience.
- After clicking on the link, the homepage of the official website will open in front of you.
- Here you need to click on the “Candidate” option. as shown in the below image
- Now a new page will open in front of you
- On this page, you’ll see the “Apply Now” option at the bottom right. You have to click on it.
- After clicking on the Apply Now option, you will be taken to a page like the one shown below
- On that page, you have to click on the Candidate Registration option. then fill the form very carefully
We will recommend you to go to your nearest e-service Kendra and apply for this scheme or if you can do it on your own then go for it, but apply very carefully
now a form will open on your screen fill up the form carefully
thus you can register yourself into this scheme successfully
How To Check Application status
- to check your application status Firstly you need to head over to this website
- there you will find an option “check your Registration status” click on that; as shown in the image below
- now enter your registration number and fill out the captcha code, then press submit button
- now you can see your application status