About Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana
A 5-year mega-mission called Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana (CMSGUY) was launched in the Financial Year(FY) 2016-17, which is scheduled to culminate in the FY 2021-22, coinciding with 75 years of India’s Independence.
The main objective of the mission is to double the farm/cultivating income, in unison with the vision of Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
The Government of Assam has launched Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana for farmers with the aim of doubling the income of the farmers in the state. In order to enhance the livelihood of farmers, the government will provide a tractor in each revenue village at subsidized rates. Under this scheme, all the farmers of Assam can apply online to get any farming equipment
Objective & Aim Of This Scheme
At the current rate of growth, it will take about 80 years to double the farm income in Assam. Normal interventions by the Government in this regard would not be adequate to address the problem.
Above focused interventions are aimed at in nine critical areas and related sub-missions are:
- Fishery Mission,
- Milk Mission,
- Organic Mission,
- Land Management and Conservation Mission,
- Sericulture, Khadi and Cottage Industry Mission,
- Road and Broadband connectivity,
- Semi-Processing, Processing and Market Linkages,
- “Youth-Yoga-Sports” Mission and
- e-Gram Mission by developing Village Knowledge Centres by strengthening traditional Namghar and other community institutions.
- Group farmers with 8 to 10 members of the same village can apply for the CMSGUY.
- A group must have a common bank account and will apply jointly with the signatures of each member on the application form preferably along with particulars of land and crops cultivated.
- The farmer applicant group must not have more than one member of the same family.
The below listed are some of the features and benefits of the CMSGUY scheme:
- Farmers will get 70% of the subsidy as benefits for the selected groups and 20% of the total price will be a bank loan.
- Under this scheme, a subsidy of a maximum of Rs 5.5 Lakhs will be provided by the Government for the tractors to meet the requirement of different farmers and crops.
- The group will provide a tractor to the farmers on a rental basis.
- The Bank branch will directly transfer the amount of subsidy to the group of beneficiary farmers’ accounts on completion of the period of hypothecation.
the following scheme launched under CMSGUY
- The applicant needs to get the application form from the District Agriculture Officer and have to fill out the CMSGUY scheme application form in a prescribed format
- The specified proofs to be submitted along with the CMSGUY application form.
- After completing, attach the specified records along with the application form.
- The concerned official will process the request furt