About Chhattisgarh Sahaj Bijli Bill Yojana
Farmers need electricity for farming, but due to financial hardship farmers living in rural areas can not effort to use enough electricity to use the pumps for regular irrigation. The Chhattisgarh state government has launched a project named Kisan Jeevan Jyoti Yojana, through which farmers in the state will have to pay fewer electricity bills to provide adequate electricity for improved irrigation. Under this scheme, all people living below the poverty line and other poor consumers in the state will get a lot of help for their irrigation system.
Chhattisgarh Sahaj Bijli Bill Yojana (Chhattisgarh Easy Electricity Bill Scheme) is included in Kisan Jeevan Jyoti Yojana (KJJY). Farmers in the state will benefit a lot from these two projects. There will be no limit to the pump and electricity utilization capacity of all farmers under this scheme. However, the bill will be based on the number of pumps.
- Empowering the BPL family in the state to continue their farming
- To provide discounts on electricity bills to the citizens of the state
- To free the poor people from many problems related to electricity bills
Chhattisgarh Sahaj Bijli Bill Yojana Full Overview
|Name of Scheme||Chhattisgarh Sahaj Bijli Bill Yojana|
|Launched by||Hon’ble Former Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh, Raman Singh|
|Objectives||To Provide free electricity to the people living in the State of Chhattisgarh|
|Benefits||Free electricity up to 30 units|
|Application Starts||Already Started|
- Only permanent residents of Chhattisgarh can apply for this project.
- Families below the poverty line will get benefits from this scheme.
- To use electricity for irrigation, the applicant must be a subsistence farmer.
- all eligible farmers will get a discount of 100 rupees when they use more than 30 units of electricity.
Under the scheme, free electricity will be provided to the people living in the State of Chhattisgarh
- Power up to 30 units will be provided free of cost to the people.
- After 30 units every month, electricity will be supplied to the people at flat rates.
- Electricity will be provided to BPL families only on payment of Rs 100 at the same rate as monthly electricity bill payment.
- Every poor person and family below the poverty line(BPL) will be given up to 30 units of free electricity from the government for which they will not have to pay anything.
- Domestic consumers were also benefited especially under the scheme.
- Under chhattisgarh sahaj bijli bill scheme, people will be given the option to pay electricity bills at the same rates.
- Under the scheme, free electricity and affordable power will be provided to those who are living below the poverty line.
- Those who are living below the poverty line will be allowed to use up to 30 minutes of electricity free of cost.
- More than 12 lakh poor people will be benefited under the scheme.
- Certified Tribal Castes/Scheduled Tribes Tribal stake-ins will be benefited especially under the scheme.
How to Apply
No information update yet (As per our records 1st stage of the application process is already done )
CONTACT YOUR RESPECTIVE ELECTRICITY BOARD DEPARTMENT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS SCHEME