About Chhattisgarh CM Suposhan Yojana
On the occasion of the 150th birth centenary of Mahatma Gandhi on October 2, 2019, the Chhattisgarh govt has launched a Scheme named Chhattisgarh CM Suposhan to address the nutritional problems of every mother and child in the state. Children from poor families become malnourished due to the rising prices of goods over time. That is why this scheme has been launched so that no child in the state of Chhattisgarh suffers from malnutrition due to lack of funds.
The main objective of this Scheme is to provide proper nutrition and proper food collection to the children so that they do not die due to malnutrition. It is said here that children from 0 to 5 years old will be given nutritious food like eggs, milk, peanuts, molasses etc. twice a week for women aged 15 to 49 years.
- The main objective of this campaign is to eliminate malnutrition and anemia in children aged 0 to 6 years.
- Freeing girls between the ages of 15 and 49 from malnutrition and anemia.
Mukhyamantri suposhan yojana Full Overview
|Name of Scheme||Mukhyamantri suposhan yojana|
|Launched by||Hon’ble Chief Minister Of Chhattisgarh, Bhupesh Baghel|
|Implementation||2 nd October 2019|
|Objectives||To Keep all the women and daughters healthy|
|Benefit||Nutritious food will be provided and anemia and various other diseases due to malnutrition will be cured.|
|Beneficiaries||Women and Girls From Chhattisgarh State|
|Application Starts||Updating Soon|
- Under this campaign, about 2 lakh children and 4 lakh women of the state will be provided eggs, lamb, laddu, peanuts, oatmeal, etc. as additional nutrition.
- The Chhattisgarh government will provide eggs, molasses, and peanuts twice a week to children under the scheme.
- the govt will also Provide rice, pulses, green vegetables, soybeans, raw papaya, gram, peas, salad, molasses, raga, etc. for women as nutritious food.
- The health of malnourished children and women suffering from anemia in the state of Chhattisgarh will be improved.
- Counseling services will also be provided for the treatment of anemia in children and women related to nutrition and anemia.
Report of the scheme
The number of malnourished children has been reduced by 13.69% so far through the Chhattisgarh Chief Minister’s Supshan Yojana. According to 2019 data, about 9.60 lakh children were suffering from malnutrition.
According to the National Family Survey, about 37.6% of children (under 5 years of age) suffer from malnutrition and about 47% of women between the ages of 15 and 49 suffer from anemia.
Local nutritious food is being provided to children and women under the Chhattisgarh Chief Minister’s Supshan Yojana. At the same time, proper arrangements are being made to provide nutritious food to the beneficiaries identified through the Anganwari Center. People with anemia are also being given iron (iron), folic acid (folic acid), and antihelminth tablets.
All Anganwadi Centers were closed for some time due to Coronavirus (Covid-19). In this situation, the state government has made arrangements to provide cooked food at home to maintain the nutritional status of women and children. So far, 26,7,000 beneficiaries have been provided nutritious food through 51,455 Anganwari Centers.
How To Apply
The Government of Chhattisgarh will make all arrangements for the application. Also, if you want to know more details about this project, please contact your Nearest Anganwadi center