There are still many people in our country who understand the difference between boys and girls very well. So they are dissatisfied with the birth of more than one daughter, as a result of which both the child and the mother face many problems, in view of which the Chhattisgarh state government launched this “CG Kaushalya Maternity” Scheme.
Through this scheme, Financial assistance will be provided to the woman during their second childbirth so that the newborn does not suffer from malnutrition. Women who have given birth to their second daughter will be encouraged. From the birth of the second daughter to the age of 4 months, financial assistance of Rs 5,000 will be given to mothers as an incentive. Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel has proposed a new budget for 2021-22 to implement this program. Rs 96107 crore has been sanctioned for this project with the introduction of the new budget.
Objectives of the scheme
- To protect the rights of women.
- Encouraging women to give birth of daughters
- Protecting girls and their mothers from malnutrition so that they can live their lives well and be self-reliant.
- Preventing female feticide.
Full Overview Of CG Kaushalya Maternity Scheme
|Name of Scheme||CG Kaushalya Maternity Scheme|
|Launched by||Hon’ble Chief Minister Of Chhattisgarh, Bhupesh Baghel|
|Implementation Date||(Updated On)|
|Objectives||Provide financial support to encourage women to give birth to a second daughter|
|Beneficiaries||Mothers who give birth to a second daughter|
|Application Starts||No Information|
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Chhattisgarh.
- Mothers who have given birth to a second daughter can apply.
- The mother must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be at a government or private hospital.
- And the child must be alive.
- The applicant must have all the documents to be eligible for this project.
- The interests of all women living in the state will be protected.
- The government will provide Rs 5,000 to women through maternity scheme.
- All the weaker sections of women in the state will benefit a lot from this project.
- Residential certificate
- Aadhaar card
- Bank account (copy of bank passbook – the first page)
- Proof of mother’s age
- Birth Proof of the second daughter
The Chhattisgarh government has recently announced this scheme for economically weaker women who have given birth to a second daughter. So far the government has not launched any dedicated portal for this scheme. If the government starts the process of applying for this scheme, we will also provide that information on our website.