About the Central Sector Scheme Of Scholarship For College And University Students
The Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education has launched the NSP (National Scholarship Portal) scholarship Portal program to support bright students from low-income families with their daily expenses while pursuing Their higher education. The scholarships are awarded based on a student’s performance in their previous courses. For example, if a student applies for an undergraduate course, they would be eligible based on their Higher Secondary/Class 12th Board Examination results and financial need. The aim of this program is to assist talented students who come from poor backgrounds and help them pursue their academic goals without financial burden.
Objectives of this scheme
- Motivating students for higher education by providing scholarships
- to provide financial assistance to meritorious students,
- to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies
- overcoming obstacles and empower the educational and career goals of the students
Full Overview Of the Scholarship For College And University Students
|Scholarships Name||Scholarship For College And University Students|
|Coverage area||all over India|
|Launched by||Ministry of Education, central govt|
|Objective||Motivating meritorious students for higher education|
|beneficiaries||meritorious students who have passed class 12th or equivalent with more than 80th percentile marks/ Postgraduate Students|
|Scholarship Amount||₹10000/- to ₹20000/- per annum (depending upon class)|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Important Dates||last date to apply: 31-10-2023, (it is expected that nsp application may be open in august for 2024 year)|
For 12th Passed Students
- The applicant must score above the 80th percentile in their respective Board of Examination in Class 12th of 10+2 pattern or equivalent.
- The applicant must be enrolled in regular degree programs and is not eligible if pursuing courses through correspondence or distance learning modes or diploma programs.
- The applicant must be pursuing courses at colleges/institutions recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education and the respective Regulatory Bodies concerned.
- The applicant must not be receiving any other scholarships, including state-run schemes for tuition fee waivers and reimbursements.
- The gross parental/family income of the applicant should not exceed ₹4,50,000 per annum.
- For renewal of scholarship in each year of study, besides getting at least 50% marks in the Annual Examination, maintenance of adequate attendance of at least 75%, will also be the criteria.
For PG Students
- Only students who are below the age of 30 years of age as on the date of admission in the first semester/year of a PG programme are eligible to apply under these schemes
- The scholarship is available to the students for the first PG Degree programme only. Students, who have already acquired any postgraduate degree, are not eligible to apply.
- Only the students, who are already admitted in the first year of PG degree programme in an eligible university/college/institution, (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Institution’), are eligible to apply.
- For renewal of scholarship in each year of study, besides getting at least 50% marks in the Annual Examination, maintenance of adequate attendance of at least 80%, will also be the criteria.
Students changing his/ her college/institute of study will be allowed to continue/renew the scholarship provided the course of study and the institution is having valid AISHE Code; The AISHE code can be checked in the portal: https://aishe.gov.in/aishe/aisheCode
- Students belonging to reserved categories/weaker sections /minorities etc. are eligible to get the benefit of reservation on the basis of merit, subject to Central Reservation Policy [i.e. 15% of seats are earmarked for SCs, 7.5% for STs, and 27 % for OBCs and 5% horizontal reservation for Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) in all the categories].
- The Central Reservation Policy will be applicable in filling the slots against each year’s target. If slots under a specific group are not filled after considering all the States/UTs, the vacant slots will be allocated to other categories so that the maximum number of eligible students can get the benefit, subject to the overall ceiling of slots.
Rate of Scholarship:
- ₹12,000/-per annum at the Graduation level for the first three years of College and University courses.
- ₹ 20,000 per annum at the post-graduation level.
- Students pursuing professional courses, in case, where the duration of the course is five (5) years/Integrated course will get ₹20,000/-per annum in the 4th and 5th year.
- Students pursuing technical courses such as B.Tech, B.Engg. will get scholarship up to graduation level only i.e. ₹12,000 p.a. for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year and ₹20,000 in the 4th year.
Payment of Scholarship:
Students are required to have their bank accounts opened, especially, in their names for availing of the benefits under the scheme. The scholarship will be disbursed directly into the savings bank accounts of the beneficiaries through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
- Bank Passbook for filling in bank details
- Aadhaar Number
- Parental Income Certificate
- An e-mail ID
- Caste Certificate wherever required
- Disability Certificate wherever required.
how to apply
- First, go to the main website of this scholarship for application, which link we have provided below for your convenience
- National Scholarships Portal (NSP) (www.scholarships.gov.in) will provide the timelines for opening & closing of the portal.
- The Guidelines for application, verification, selection, and disbursement of the scholarship will be as per the NSP.)
- after that, the homepage of this scholarship will appear in front of you
- now you need to click on ‘New Registration” as shown in the image below
- Guidelines for Registration will appear. Scroll to the bottom.
- Read carefully the undertaking. Accept the Terms. Click “Continue”.
- A Registration Form will appear. (The fields marked as * are compulsory)
- Fill in the details and click “Register”.
- Your Application ID and password will be displayed.
- the same will also be sent as an SMS to your registered mobile number
New Application & Renewal Application Method
- Go to https://scholarships.gov.in/renewal/loginPage.action, for fresh application tap on fresh application or click on the “renewal application” option on the official website
- Click on “Login to Apply”. Enter your Application ID and password.
- Type the Captcha and click “Login”.
- On the next screen, provide the OTP received on your registered mobile number. You will be directed to the Password Reset screen.
- Create a new password and confirm.
- Click “Submit”. You will be directed to the “Applicant’s Dashboard”.
- On the left pane, click “Application Form”. The fields marked as * are compulsory. Fill in the details and upload the documents.
- You can either click on “Save as Draft” to complete the application later. (To verify your enrollment in your current course institution, you must provide a signed bonafide and joining verification certificate. you can download this certificate form fro the official site of NSP)
- Before submitting the application, please double-check all the details and then click “Final Submit”.
(If you are having trouble applying for the scholarship on our page, it may be because your device is blocking it. We recommend visiting the official scholarship website.)
Know Your Scholarship Payment Status
The student can track their payment status from the template “Know Your Payment” in the Public Financial Management System (PFMS) portal [https://pfms.nic.in/] either by indicating Aadhaar number or bank account number or NSP Application ID.
In another post, we will discuss additional scholarship schemes available through the NSP portal.