about the CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme For Single Girl Child
A scholarship scheme by the Ministry of Education for meritorious Single Girl Students, who are the only child of their parents; and have passed the CBSE Class 10th Examination with 60% or more marks and are continuing their further school education of Class 11th and 12th. The scheme is aimed to recognize the efforts of the parents in promoting education among girls and providing encouragement to meritorious students. The rate of the scholarship is ₹500/- per month
objectives of this scheme
- to recognize the efforts of the parents in promoting education among girls
- Motivating girls for higher education by providing scholarships
Full Overview Of the CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme For Single Girl Child
|Scholarships Name||CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme For Single Girl Child|
|Coverage area||all over India|
|Launched by||Ministry of Education central govt|
|Objective||Motivating meritorious girls for higher education|
|beneficiaries||meritorious girls students who have passed their CBSE board 10th exam with more than 60% marks|
|Scholarship Amount||₹500 per Month|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Important Dates||* Last Date Of Application: 14-Nov-2022 (the year 2022)|
- The applicant should be the single girl child of her family.
- The applicant should have secured 60% or more marks in the CBSE Class 10th Examination and be studying Class 11th & 12th in School (affiliated with CBSE).
- The tuition fee should not be more than ₹1,500/- per month during the academic year. In the next two years, the total enhancement in tuition fees in such a school shall not be more than 10% of the tuition fee charged.
- The applicant must be an Indian National.
- The student must continue her school studies in Classes 11th and 12th.
- NRI applicants of the Board are also eligible for the award. The tuition fee for the NRIs has been decided maximum of Rs 6,000/- per month.
- A beneficiary under the scheme while availing of the scholarship can enjoy other concessions given by the school in which she is studying other organization(s)
The rate of the scholarship Is Rupees Five Hundred (₹500/-) per month. A Scholarship awarded under the scheme shall be paid for a maximum period of two years. Payment will be made through ECS/NEFT.
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate and admission proof
- Details of bank account and fees structure
- Passport-size photos and scanned signature
- Student’s ID card
- Class 11th mark sheet for scholarship renewal
- Bank account linked aadhaar card, bank passbook, and canceled cheque.
- Finally, an affidavit on ₹50 stamp paper from the girl or her parents duly attested by the gazette officer SDM or first-class magistrate, not below the rank of tehsildar. They must mention that the girl child belongs to a specific family.
how to apply
- Visit the CBSE official website: https://www.cbse.gov.in/
- Tap on the option “Main Website” in the options
- after that, the homepage of this scholarship will appear in front of you
- now you will see the latest @CBSE Box where you can see a popup message ‘apply now”
- there is another way to fresh apply or renew for this scholarship, for that follow our given steps below
- Click on the “Scholarship” option on that page to open the web page of all scholarships currently available.
- after that yo will a tabulated menu, where you can see an option “Single Girl Scholarship – 2022 (Fresh Application)” under “Scholarship Type”.
- Click on “Apply online”.
- Options related to the application will open.
- Tap on “SGC-X – Fresh Application” to apply as a new candidate.
- The application form will be reopened. Verify the candidature of the student by entering the 10th class board exam roll number and date of birth. Click on “Proceed”.
- If the information entered matches the CBSE records, the applicant will get the application form on the screen.
- Enter all the required information asked in the application form.
- Finally, press “Submit” and take a printout of the application form after submission.