About Bihar Saur Kranti Sinchai Yojana
Bihar is an agricultural state, 80% of Bihar’s population is dependent on agriculture. In Bihar, out of a total of 77.1 lakh hectares of cultivable land, 44.4 lakh hectares irrigated, and among this, 27 lakh hectares of land irrigated with a diesel pump set. Therefore, to avoid the additional cost of electricity/fuel for farmers in agriculture, the Chief Minister of Bihar, Hon’ble Nitish Kumar Mahasaya has launched the “Bihar Saur Kranti Sinchai Yojana” through which the Bihar State Government will provide a 75% subsidy for installing solar pumps in their farms to the state farmers.
Objective Of this Scheme
- Improving irrigation systems with advanced Cultivation technology
- Reducing the burden of additional electricity bills from farmers’ heads
- Agricultural capacity and development of the agricultural sector.
- Strengthening agriculture and farmers economically
Full Overview Of Bihar Saur Kranti Sinchai Yojana
|Name Of Scheme||Bihar Saur Kranti Sinchai Yojana|
|Launched By||State Govt of Bihar|
|Objectives||Providing 75% subsidy on installation of solar pumps to facilitate irrigation work|
|Incentive||75% subsidy on installation of solar pumps|
|Beneficiaries||farmers of Bihar state|
|Application Starts||closed / opening soon|
- The Farmer Has To Be A Permanent Resident Of Bihar State
- Farmers with land holdings between 1 acre to 5 acres will be eligible for this scheme.
- Also, farmers who have a bore of 4 inches or more will be selected
Through this project, the state government of Bihar will provide a facility to install solar panels for the development of agriculture through which farmers will be able to use the electricity required for irrigation of their farms.
Under the scheme, solar pumps are proposed to be 1800 Watt/2 HP under which 2 H.P D.C Monoblock surface Pump is to be carried out by 1800 watt Peak Submersible D.C Pump 1800 watt Peak SolarBholtaik Module (PANEL) and Internal Connection Wire
The estimated cost of the proposed 1800 Watt solar pump is Rs 315000.00 (3 lakh fifteen thousand) out of which the central grant amount is Proposed on the basis of an estimated disbursement of Rs. 1,26,000 (One lakh twenty-six thousand) on the basis of an estimated amount of Rs 1,57,500.00 (One Lakh Fifty-seven thousand five hundred).
Apart from clean energy, farmers may worry less about power cuts for irrigating their fields
- land ownership letter (LPC)
- Aadhaar card
- bank account of the beneficiary
- To apply for this project, farmers will have to go to the Bihar renewable energy development agency (government of Bihar).
- A registration form will be given from this department to the farmers to apply for this scheme.
- after filling that form properly, submit the form to that office from where you have taken the form
- After this, the departmental officers will do the verification and thus the offline process will be completed.