About Assam Zero Interest Crop Loan
The main aspect of the development of our country is the economy. Agriculture is one of the main sources of growth in this economy. That is why each state government in our country is taking various steps for the welfare of the farmers. Similarly, the government of Assam has announced to provide zero-interest crop loans keeping in view the welfare of the farmers. Therefore, the Government of Assam has launched the Zero Interest Crop Scheme to further encourage and support rural farmers in their agriculture.
Under this scheme, the Government of Assam will provide a 100% discount on the interest of loans up to Rs 1 lakh to each farmer. The Assam government has thus planned to bring down the interest rate on agricultural loans to zero.
Under the Assam Zero Interest Crop Loan Scheme, the government will provide a 100% discount on interest on grain loans up to Rs 1 lakh, which will bring the interest rate payable to zero. And the goal of the interest-bearing agricultural loan scheme is to encourage financial inclusion and increase the scope of credit flow expansion to rural areas, especially farmers. Zero-interest crop loans are probably driven by agricultural credit and are the first such transformational intervention to improve the rural economy.
The government has allocated Rs 25 crore for this project for the current financial year.
Objective Of this Scheme
- Providing loans to help farmers in farming
- Improving the rural economy
- To develop agriculture and agricultural diversity
- Strengthening the agricultural economy of Assam
Full Overview Of Zero Interest Crop Loan Scheme
|Name of Scheme||Zero Interest Crop Loan Scheme|
|Launched by||Assam Government|
|Objectives||To Provide interest-free loans to the farmers of Assam state for modern mechanization of farming|
|Incentive||Interest-free loans up to Rs 1 lakh|
|Beneficiaries||Farmers of the Assam state|
|Application Start||Started already|
Eligibility of Beneficiary
- The applicant must be a farmer.
- the applicant farmer must have an age above 18 years
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of the State of Assam
- The applicant should not apply for a loan from any other place.
- Under the Assam Zero Interest Crop Loan Scheme, the government will provide 100% discount on interest on grain loans up to Rs 2 lakh, through which farmers in the state of Assam will be able to further improve their farming.
Applicant farmer Must-Have to Provide these Documents to apply for this scheme
- Aadhar Card
- Pan Card/ Voter Card
- Ration Card
- Land Document for farming
- Permanent Residence Certificate
- Bank Pass Book Details
- Contact details
- Passport Size Photo
How To Apply
Go to your nearest bank to know the application procedure/or to your concerned Krishi department to know more about this scheme