About Assam Orunodoi Scheme
‘Orunodoi’ or Arunodoi Scheme is a new scheme of the Government of Assam launched on 2nd October 2020. Under ‘Orunodoi’, monetary benefits have been envisaged for more than 24 lac poor households in the state. through this scheme, all the beneficiaries will get Rs 830 per month as monetary assistance. They will receive the amount on the first day of every month, starting from October 2020. Women being the primary caretakers of the family are kept as beneficiaries of the scheme. ‘Orunodoi’ scheme will provide Financial Assistance of Rs 1000 per month through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme to around 19.10 Lakh Families in the state.
Earlier, under the scheme, about 19 lakh families in the state were paid Rs 830 monthly, but now it has been announced to increase it to Rs 1000 for 26 lakh families in the state.
Objective Of this scheme
- To empower the women of the state financially
- Ensuring that poor families are able to meet their basic needs like fruits, vegetables, medicines, etc.
Full Overview Of Assam Orunodoi Scheme
|Name Of Scheme||Assam Orunodoi Scheme|
|Launched By||Assam State Govt|
|Objectives||Providing Financial Assistance for purchasing the basic essential commodities like fruits, vegetable medicines, etc to the poor women’s families in the state|
|Incentive||Rs 1000 / Per Month|
|Beneficiaries||Women’s family living below the poverty line (BPL)|
|Application Starts||Always Open|
will be Eligible
- Beneficiaries of this scheme must be permanent residents of Assam and currently residing in the State
- only female applicants can apply in this scheme
- Beneficiaries are adult female members of the family. So they must have an active bank account.
- The annual income of the beneficiary family should be less than 2 lakhs. This annual income includes income from all sources.
will not elligible
- Since women’s empowerment is the main aspect of this scheme,so families without female members are not considered.
- Who are currently members of any Panchayati Raj Institution or any ULB (Urban Local Body).
- Former or current MP or MLA.
- Taxpayers Family.
- All working and retired employees of Central and State Governments, Ministries / Departments, Public Sector Initiatives, or any Autonomous Agency.
- All doctors, engineers, lawyers, architects, CAs, etc. are excluded from this project.
- Families with more than 15 bighas of agricultural land.
- Households with refrigerators, washing machines, ACs, etc. will also not be covered under this scheme.
- Families who have tractors.
- Households that have a four-wheeled vehicle or mechanical boat are not included, however, households that have a two-wheeled motor vehicle are included under this scheme.
priority Beneficiaries under Assam Orunodoi Scheme
- Separated family member
- Unmarried women
- Divorced women
- Widow women
Under this scheme, the State Government of Assam will provide Rs 1000 ( Previous was Rs 830) per month to all eligible beneficiaries for the purchase of basic essential commodities like fruits, sugar, medicines, etc.
Here’s the list of distributing assistance for buying essential commodities
|Number of Items||Amount (INR)|
|Fruits and vegetables||150 INR|
|Four kilograms of Sugar with 50 percent subsidy||80 INR|
|Four kilograms Pulses with 50 percent subsidy||200 INR|
|Total Amount||830 INR |(Now Rs 1000)|
Applicant Must have to provide mentioned documents while applying in this scheme
- Residential Certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- BPL Card
- Ration Card
- Bank Passbook
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Family Income Certificate
- Valid Mobile No
- Applicants and other family members’ photo
- and other all Required Documents
How To Apply
- To apply for this project, you must first visit the official website of this project, the link of which we have provided below for your convenience.
- from that website, you can get the official application form of the Scheme but at present, you will not be able to find the application form from the website so we have pinned up the form below for your convenience.
- Download the Application Form and fill Arunodoi Scheme application form with all the mandatory details.
- Attach the required document with the application form and submit it to the respective finance department or District Level Monitoring Committee (DLMC) office
View Status: Check your name in the beneficiary list of this scheme
- First, go to the official website of the Assam Orunodoi Scheme whose link we have already provided above
- Now you will enter the home page of that official website
- Now click on the “View Status” option, as shown in the image below
- Then a new page will appear in front of you
- On this new page, you need to select your district name
- After selecting your district, a list of beneficiaries of this scheme will appear in front of you. Check your name from that list
View beneficiary status
- go to the official website of the Assam Orunodoi Scheme whose link we have already provided above
- After clicking the link, on the homepage, you need to click on the “View Beneficiary Status” option, as shown in the picture below.
- Then a new page will appear in front of you
- On this new page, you need to enter your district name and the last seven digits of your beneficiary number of this scheme
- now, After clicking the “search” button, you will see your application status of the Orunodoi scheme