Assam Antyodaya Yojana
The Assam government launched the Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana in November 2001. It was launched in accordance with GOI guidelines. the State already converted 7.04 lakhs of existing BPL families into the AAY category as per the direction of the Central Govt. As per the instructions of the central government, The selected AAY families of the State are provided with highly subsidized rice 35 kg per family per month at Rs 3/- per kg. Besides, AAY rice is transported from FSD to GPS, WCS, Firepress, etc. at Rs 30 per quintal.
The objective of This Scheme
- To ensure food security for all
- To create a hunger-free India
- Reform and improve the Public Distribution System (PDS) to serve the poorest
- This project helps in the proper nutrition of the common people of Assam.
- Must be a permanent resident of Assam.
- People from the BPL community (living below the poverty line) will be covered under this project.
Full Overview Of Assam Antyodaya Anna Yojana
|Name of Scheme||Assam Antyodaya Anna Yojana|
|Launched by||Government of Assam|
|Objectives||To ensure Food Security For all Poor People in Assam|
|Incentive||Providing food items at the rate of Rs. 1 per kg|
|Beneficiaries||All BPL Family In Assam|
|Application Starts||No Information But You Can Apply|
- People from poor families who are not yet getting nutritious food will get proper nutrition.
- There are still many poor and helpless families who eat day in and day out and sometimes have to go hungry like this. They will get a lot of benefits through this project.
- Each family member will get rice at the rate of Rs 3 and Rs 1 respectively per kg per month.
- In addition, all the families covered under this scheme will get more nutritious food like rice, pulses, sugar, etc. through the Inner Food Scheme.
The applicant has to provide the following required documents to be included in this scheme
- Aadhaar card
- Voter card
- BPL card
- Ration card
- Income Certificate
How to apply
The scheme has been successfully launched in Assam but BPL families who have not yet joined the Assam Antyodaya Anna Yojana can visit their nearest Food Supply Office and know the application procedure of the scheme in detail.
Under the new scheme “Anna Mahotsav” under PMGKY, all categories of rations are now provided free of cost in Assam.