About Assam Arogya Nidhi
The “Assam Arogya Nidhi (AAN)” scheme, launched by the Health & Family Welfare Department of the Assam Government, aims to extend financial aid to families facing health challenges. The scheme primarily targets Below Poverty Line (BPL) households and families with an annual income of less than ₹5.00 Lakhs, ensuring that medical assistance reaches those who need it most.
Full Overview: The “Assam Arogya Nidhi (AAN)” scheme, initiated by the Government of Assam, strives to provide financial support to individuals and families grappling with life-The Government of Assam has launched the “Assam Arogya Nidhi (AAN)” scheme to help individuals and families affected by life-threatening illnesses and injuries caused by natural or man-made disasters. The scheme aims to provide financial aid for general and specialized treatment to cover a wide range of critical health issues.
- To Extend financial aid to BPL families and those with an annual income below ₹5.00 Lakhs.
- Providing relief for life-threatening diseases and injuries caused by natural or man-made disasters.
- Covering medical treatment for conditions such as Heart Diseases, Cancer, Kidney and Urinary diseases, Orthopedic issues, Thallassemia, Bone marrow Transplants, AIDS, and chronic Mental Illness with Surgical Treatment.
- To Ensure equitable access to quality healthcare regardless of financial constraints.
Full Overview Of Assam Arogya Nidhi
|Name of Scheme||Assam Arogya Nidhi|
|Announcement||Health & Family Welfare Department, Govt. of Assam|
|Implementation||Updated On 2023|
|Objectives||Provide financial assistance for critical medical treatment to eligible individuals|
|Incentive||Financial aid of varying amounts for life-threatening diseases and disaster-related injuries|
|Beneficiaries||Individuals facing life-threatening diseases and injuries|
|caused by natural or man-made disasters|
|Application Starts||Always open|
|Process||Selection by Committees|
- Families falling under the Below Poverty Line (BPL) category.
- Families with an annual income less than ₹5.00 Lakhs.
- Individuals suffering from life-threatening diseases mentioned in the scheme’s coverage.
- Financial assistance for medical treatment of critical illnesses.
- Specialized treatment coverage for injuries caused by natural or man-made disasters.
- Subsidized support for Heart Diseases, Cancer, Orthopedic issues, Thallassemia, and more.
- Financial aid for mental illnesses requiring surgical intervention.
- Income certificate or BPL identification.
- Medical documents confirming the diagnosis of the covered diseases or injuries.
How to Apply
- Beneficiaries are selected through a designated Selection Committee.
- The Chief Minister may grant permission directly for maximum benefits.
- The Chairperson of the Committee can approve assistance up to ₹2.00 Lakh.
- Cases requiring assistance between ₹2.00 Lakh and ₹3.00 Lakh are reviewed by the State Level Committee.
- Financial aid is disbursed directly to beneficiaries or reimbursed to hospitals via bank transfers.