About AP YSR Pelli Kaanuka Scheme
Due to poverty, there are still many families in our country whose daughters have to go through many problems due to Their poor financial conditions, The Indian government has taken a number of steps to alleviate the difficulties of big duties like marriage due to poverty. Several projects have been implemented in many others states of the country for the marriage of daughters. Similarly, the Andhra Pradesh state government has planned to provide financial assistance for the marriage of girls from poor families.
Pelli Kanuka is a project designed by the state government of Andhra Pradesh. This project is only for those who are about to get married. Through this Pelli Kaanuka scheme, the state government provides financial assistance to the low-income general, minorities, disabled girls, Scheduled Castes, and Scheduled Tribes families for their daughter’s marriage.
The vision of the Scheme
The vision of the scheme is
- Empowerment and protection of the girl child by providing financial assistance for the marriage of girls, reducing the financial burden on the family, and promoting gender equality.
- To promote compulsory registration of marriages so as to ensure that every marriage is legally recognized and protected under the law.
The objective of this scheme
- The main goal of this project is to prevent child marriage
- To promote the well-being of young girls by preventing child marriage and ensuring their marriage at the right age and with the right partner.
- To relieve families of the debt burden and financial stress that often comes from the thought of arranging the marriage of their daughters.
- Empowering women in Andhra Pradesh by providing financial assistance to support marriage and promoting gender equality.
- To ensure the overall well-being and improvement of young girls in the state so that they get married into a good family and get a better life after marriage.
- Reducing the burden of marriage-related expenses on families and ensure that girls are not seen as a financial burden on their families.
Overview of AP YSR Peli Kanuka Scheme
|Name of Scheme||AP YSR Pelli Kanuka|
|Launched by||Hon’ble Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|State Name||Andhra Pradesh|
|Last Updated||2019 (implemented)|
|Objectives||To Provide Financial Assistance For a better life for New Bride in Andhra Pradesh|
|Incentive||Rs 20000-Rs 100000 (Depend on applicant’s Financial Position)|
|Beneficiaries||Girls from economically weaker sections of the society who are getting married|
|Application Starts||Always Open|
Eligibility Of Beneficiary
- Both the bride and bridegroom must be enrolled in the Praja Sadhikara Survey
- Both the bride and bridegroom must be residents of the state of Andhra Pradesh
- The bride must be 18 years old and the groom must be 21 years old by the date of marriage.
- Annual family income should be less than 2 lakhs
- The girl should be in the BPL division. The bride must have a white ration card
- Those who are married for the first time are eligible to apply for this project. However, the bride can apply for this scheme if she is a widow.
- Marriage should only take place in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
If the bride is from Andhra Pradesh and the groom belongs to another state (Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh & Odissa etc), then follow the image below
the following incentive will be given to the eligible couples under this scheme
|Sl.No.||Scheme name||Department||Incentive (Rs)|
|1||YSR Pelli Kaanuka (S.C)||Social Welfare||40,000/-|
|2||YSR Pelli Kaanuka (S.C Intercaste)||Social Welfare||75,000/-|
|3||YSR Pelli Kaanuka (Giriputrika)||Tribal Welfare||50,000/-|
|4||YSR Pelli Kaanuka (S.T Intercaste)||Tribal Welfare||75,000/-|
|5||YSR Pelli Kaanuka (B.C)||BC Welfare||35,000/-|
|6||YSR Pelli Kaanuka (B.C Intercaste)||BC Welfare||50,000/-|
|7||YSR Pelli Kaanuka (DULHAN)||Minorities||50,000/-|
|8||YSR Pelli Kaanuka (Differently Abled)||Differently Abled||1,00,000/-|
|9||YSR Pelli Kaanuka (APBOCWWB)||AP Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board||20,000/-|
Applicant must need to provide these documents
- Residence certificate
- Proof of Identity (Aadhaar Card / Voter Card etc.)
- Bank passbook
- girl’s age certificate
- Husband’s picture/Adhaar Card that proves he must attain the age of 21years
- Wedding card
- Caste certificate
- Income Certificate issued by Andhra Government
- Age proof
How to Apply
- Rural Areas – Registration will Have to be done at least 5 days before the date of marriage. Registrations can be done from the Registration-cum-Help Desk of Mandal Mahila Samakhyas / Velugu Office for Rural Area Citizens
- In urban areas – will be registered at least 5 calendar days before the wedding date. Registration shots can be executed from the MEPMA Municipality Registration-cum-Help Desk for Urban Area Citizens.
Check Your Pelli Kaanuka Application Status
- To check the status of your Pelli Kanuka application first you need to go to the official website of this scheme, the link of which we have given below for your convenience.
- after that, you will enter the official homepage of that website
- now you will find an option “know your application Status” as shown in the image below; click on that
- after that, you will see a page like the below image on your screen
- now enter your Aadhaar id and click on get status; you will see your Pelli kanuka application status
FROM THIS WEBSITE YOU WILL FIND ALL OTHER IMPORTANT DATA ABOUT THIS SCHEME