About AP Jalayagnam Scheme
The Jalayagnam scheme is a flagship program launched by the Andhra Pradesh government in 2004. The scheme was implemented with the aim of bringing 8.2 million acres of land under irrigation within a period of five years. The scheme was launched by the then Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, late Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy, as an election promise to the farmers of the state. The scheme is based on the principles of water worship and aims to create a sustainable and equitable water management system in the state.
The project involves the construction of several large and medium irrigation projects including reservoirs, check dams, lift irrigation schemes and canals in different parts of the state. The objective of this project is to supply irrigation water to about 80 lakh acres of land in the state and meet the drinking water needs of the people.
objectives of this scheme
This step has been taken by Andhra Pradesh Government to maintain the water supply for agriculture and other sectors of the Andhra Pradesh state
- To provide sustainable irrigation facilities to every cultivable field in the state.
- To create new water resources and augment existing ones to meet the increasing demand for irrigation water.
- To provide safe drinking water to every household in the state.
- To improve the productivity of agriculture by providing adequate irrigation facilities.
- To improve the socio-economic conditions of the farmers by ensuring higher crop yields and increased incomes.
Full Overview Of AP Jalayagnam Scheme
|Name Of Scheme||AP Jalayagnam Scheme|
|Launched By||Govt Of Andhra Pradesh|
|State Name||Andhra Pradesh|
|Objectives||to maintain water supply for agriculture and other sectors of Andhra Pradesh state|
|benefit||maintaining water supply|
|Beneficiaries||residentials And Farmers of Andhra Pradesh state|
Main Key Feature Of This Programme
The YSR Jala Kala program, under NAVARATNALU, provides free borewells to needy and eligible farmers in Andhra Pradesh to irrigate their land. Here are the key features of the program:
- Borewell sites will be identified scientifically by conducting groundwater surveys before drilling.
- Any farmer without an existing borewell and with a contiguous land of 2.5 acres is eligible to apply for a free borewell.
- Priority will be given to small & marginal farmers and SC / ST / Women farmers.
- Farmers can apply online or offline through the village secretariat and VRO will verify and forward the application to the concerned authorities.
- The assigned drilling contractor will conduct a groundwater survey and submit the feasibility report for generating an estimate.
- Payment to drilling contractors will be made as per the predefined success rates of districts.
- If a borewell fails, a second borewell will be drilled if feasible.
- Construction of recharge pit/water harvesting structure will be taken up at successful borewell site.
- A social audit will be conducted for all the borewells drilled under this program.
- A programme management unit (PMU) will be set up at headquarters for effective monitoring of the implementation of the program.
- The roles & responsibilities of various functionaries for the implementation of the program are defined and included in the GO.
- District Collectors will guide and direct all the stakeholders for effective implementation of the program.
- Information regarding the sanction of borewells will be communicated to the applicants at each stage through SMS.
- A digital photograph with a geo-tag will be taken by the concerned authorities along with the beneficiary after the completion of borewell drilling.
The required documents to apply for a free borewell under the YSR Jalayagnam in Andhra Pradesh are:
- Aadhaar Card of the farmer and spouse.
- Land ownership certificate or Patta Passbook.
- Copy of the latest agriculture electricity bill.
- Farmer’s Passport size photo.
- Soil health card or soil test report.
- Bank account details of the farmer.
- In case of group applications, a resolution of the group with the consent of all the members and their details.
How to Apply
The following are the steps to apply for the Jalayagnam scheme:
- Farmers can apply for free borewell online or offline through the village secretariat and VRO.
- The VRO will verify and forward the application to the concerned APD/MPDO.
- The assigned drilling contractor will conduct a groundwater survey by engaging qualified geologists and submit the feasibility report to the concerned APD/MPDO for generating an estimate.
- The APD/MPDO will take administrative approval from the District Collector/JC, Aasara, and entrust the work to the drilling contractor.
- The digital photograph with a geo-tag will be taken by the concerned authorities along with the beneficiary in the presence of the gram panchayet.