Introduction Of the Anundoram Borooah Award Scheme
The Anundoram Borooah Award Scheme is a government initiative in the Indian state of Assam that aims to provide free laptops to meritorious students who have passed their 10th board examinations. The objective of the scheme is to encourage students to perform better in their studies and to help close the gap between those who have access to technology and those who don’t. The scheme benefits students who have excelled academically and provides them with a tool that can enhance their learning experience and help them prepare for their future careers.
The scheme provides free laptops and cash prizes to meritorious students who pass the Higher Madrasah Examinations conducted under the State Madrasa Education Board, Assam and Sanskrit Board Assam and other Boards and Class 10th Examinations of HSLC and SEBA with First Division.
Objectives of the Anundoram Borooah Award Free Laptop Scheme
The main objectives of the Anundoram Borooah Award Free Laptop Scheme are as follows:
- To promote competitive spirit among students in Assam
- To provide up-to-date information about IT technology to students
- To encourage students to perform well in their 10th standard examinations
- To bridge the digital divide and promote digital literacy among students
Full Overview Of the Anundoram Borooah Award Scheme
|Name of Scheme||Anundoram Borooah Laptop Award Scheme|
|Announcement||Govt of Assam|
|Implementation||Updated on 2023|
|Objectives||To encourage and motivate meritorious students in the state by providing them with free laptops|
|Incentive||Free laptop and internet connectivity|
|Beneficiaries||Students in the state who have secured first division in High School Leaving Certificate (HSLC) or equivalent exam|
|Application Starts||To be announced|
|Process||Online registration and verification of documents|
To avail the benefits of the Anundoram Borooah Award Scheme, students must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Students must have secured first division with star marks or 75% marks in the 10th class.
- All the students must have passed their 10th standard from the Secondary Education Board of Assam (SEBA).
- Students from State Madrassa Education Board in Assam can also avail of ARBAS Scheme benefits.
Benefits Of The Anundoram Borooah Award Scheme
The Anundoram Borooah Award Free Laptop Scheme provides the following benefits to students:
- Personal computer (PC)
- Internet connectivity (3G / 4G devices) with 2 years subscription
- Books on all subjects as per NCERT course in PDF format
- Digital Content (2D / 3D Animation, Audio/Video) for each stream
- Online Coaching and Score Improvement System (OLCSIS) for Science Students
- Citation in form of a certificate
To apply for the Anundoram Borooah Award Scheme, students need to submit the following documents:
- Aadhar Card
- Identity Proof
- Residential Proof
- Educational Certificates
- Educational Marksheets
- Caste Certificate
- Bank Account Details
- Recent Passport Size Photograph
- Valid Mobile Number
- Valid Email ID
The important dates to remember for the Anundoram Borooah Award Scheme are:
- Online registrations for ARBAS Laptop Distribution Scheme start on 6 November 2023
- Online registrations for Anundoram Borooah Laptop Award Scheme are expected to end on 25 November 2023
How to Apply
To apply for the Anundoram Borooah Award Free Laptop Scheme, follow the below steps:
- Visit the official website http://arbas.assam.gov.in/home
- Click on the “Click Here for Online Registration” link or directly go to http://arbas.assam.gov.in/slogin.html
- Fill in the online registration form with the required information such as name, mobile number, father/guardian’s name, etc.
- Upload the required documents in PDF or JPG format.
- Submit the online registration form.
Check Awardee/Beneficiary List
To check the list of awardee list under the Anundoram Borooah Award Scheme, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of the scheme, which is http://arbas.assam.gov.in/arbas/.
- On the homepage of the website, click on the “Awardee List” tab on the menu bar.
- Now a dropdown Menu will be shown; where two options “Distinction marks holder list” and “Star Marks Holder List
- Select and click your suitable option
- You will be redirected to a new page where you will be required to select the district and school type from the dropdown menu.
- After selecting the district and school type, click on the “Search” button.
- The awardee list for the selected district and school type will be displayed on the screen.
- You can search for your name in the list by using the “Search by student name” option on your web browser.
- If your name is on the list, congratulations! You can collect your award from the designated authority as mentioned on the website.
- If your name is not on the list, don’t worry. You can try again next year and work hard to secure a position in the first division.